How To Buy Designer Handbags That Are Worth The Price Tag?
In fashion, no purchase feels quite as magical or poignant as a designer handbag. When you find The One, it's as if the stars have aligned, and when you hold it in your hands for the first time, you can practically feel the ground shift below your feet.
How to buy a ladies designer handbag?
When you spend a month's rent on expanding your handbag portfolio, do it like this:
1. Determine your investment goals
Take stock of what you already own, and what will add value to your collection. Do you need a medium-sized day-to-night ladies' handbag, an evening variant or a travel-friendly version? Step one is to identify the gap.
2. Research the market
Chalk up a list of brands worth investing in, narrow down on your top choices, and compare price, quality, style, and overall value.
3. Choose the brand wisely
The holy trinity of Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Hermès will always hold you in good stead.
4. Compare the risks with the rewards
Avoid the lure of novelty or It-bags. Iconic is better than of-the-moment. It pays to be sensible (and safe) with colors and styles to dodge market risks.
5. Maximise the return
A professional shopper knows that the trick to getting value for money is to shop smart. When you shop online, you also should factor in the customs fees you will have to pay.
What bags will be popular in 2023?
With 2023 just around the corner is time to start thinking about our handbag purchases for the next year. If you're looking for bags that will stand the test of time and still be on trend, take a look at the list of luxury designer handbags below:
- Oversize bags: The bigger the better is a motto that fits the bag styles of 2023. The Luxury Leather Tote Bag and the YANA have all the room you can ask for. These spacious leather bags for women belong in every woman's handbag collection. You can buy these designer bags online at MILA.
- Slouchy Bags: They are the perfect combination of lightness and style like the LAUREN and the ELSA Bag by MILA - they are among the luxury designer handbags of 2023.
- Pocket-size: These are the perfect companion for a girls night out or dinner date, like the LIZA bag by MILA.
- Crescent Moon: The quality of buttery soft leather and clean, minimalistic lines make these crescent moon-like bags timeless. You can see this modern take on the ’90s style at MILA’s EMMA bag.
Where to buy designer bags?
If you’ve never shopped for a designer handbag before, then it might feel a bit intimidating. With so many designers, retailers, and styles to choose from, it can be stressful, because you’re spending thousands of dollars on a single bag and want to make the right choice.
Regardless of what you choose, there are online and in-person retailers that have hundreds of designer brands to help you find the perfect handbag. You’ve probably heard of some of the major department stores like Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom, but other new online commerce stores are popping up over the resale marketplace like Gilt or Rebag, making it easier than ever to snag a luxury handbag.
Tips for buying handbags online
Some bag enthusiasts turn to online sellers to find more affordable rates. So, how can you snag your most coveted designer handbag online without getting duped? Here are five tips to keep in mind:
1. Verify the store policy
Learn about the store's policies, terms and conditions. Are returns allowed? Will you get a refund if you are not satisfied or it turns out not to be genuine? Is there a warranty? Are you entitled to a free repair if the bag is damaged? If you are clear about the business policy from the start, you can avoid disputes and ensure a smoother transaction.
2. Check seller feedback
Sellers can control the images and details in their ads and product descriptions, but they can't manipulate what customers will say about them. Research as many reviews as you can about a seller.
3. Research about the bag
- In-store price – If you know how much the bag retails in an actual store, you’ll know what to expect when you shop online. If a store is offering you a really low price for a bag, chances are you’re being offered a counterfeit.
- Features of the model – Familiarize yourself with all the bag's features to verify authenticity. Online research can help.
- Brand – Get to know the culture of the brand the bag comes from. Some don’t conduct outlet sales or advance releases of their new collections outside of their official boutiques. If the seller claims that the bag is from an outlet sale hence, the low price, walk away.
4. Ask for more information
When deciding to buy a designer bag online, it’s important that your choice will be based on an informed decision. If the photos posted or the description stated is not enough for you, ask for more information from the seller.
5. Trust your gut
If there’s something that doesn’t sit well with you about the bag or the seller, even if there’s no clear evidence that the item is a counterfeit or the person you’re dealing with is a con artist, just don’t go with it. There will always be another option out there.